Monday, July 12, 2010

Isla Mujeres to Tulum

Isla Mujeres is really small but the snorkeling was amazing. While playing with my new spear that I made, I found myself surrounded by barracuda. There were maybe ten to 15 of them. They were small but I drew my spear and they got closer to me and spread apart. I released the spear softly and swam backwards and they seemed to relax. The fish probably posed no real danger but my heart was racing. At the moment, the island is half filled with mexicans on vacation and americans and brits doing the same. We had a bit of a run in with a jerky who claimed we never paid for our hotel and got into a nice argument with Jeff. Funny stuff. Continuing to stealth camp and just slip through the cracks and drink tap water, rolling pretty cheap. Tommorrow we roll to Tulúm- about 120km. Photos to follow
mr

No comments:

Post a Comment